"I am a Warrior"-Fighting and Winning your Darkest battles

If you are reading this article that shows you care about your mental health and willing to actions leading to your full potentials!

9jamindworks recently turned five!. I started this mental health awareness campaign in April 2014 mainly out of passions for writing, psychology themes and information gaps vis a vis  cultural myths, poor knowledge and ignorance. Including acute shortage of professionals, funding and lack of political will.

I keep asking myself could it be that no one has realised that mental illness is a timed nuclear bomb already releasing deadly/poisonous and contagious emission right under their watch? Look inside you, around you, over you and yes behind...our loved ones, extended relationships, acquaintances or personally must have experienced some form of mental illness. The rising rate of depression and suicides is frightening. It  common place among younger population and It's on the daily national news, confirming what mental health researchers have been trying to convince the public and policy makers over the years.


Photo credits:stock-vector
It is what it is. No shame in saying the words. Mental illness is mental illness period. Having physical illness is no shame why should mental illness be? Imagine the possibilities if things were different...that means you don't have to suffer in silence anymore, your loved ones or extended family should not have suffered or taken their own lives under your watch. The government will put up basic workable and accessible systems in place to minimize the impact of this long standing silent crisis.

 Although the feeling of nostalgia about coming this far with 9jamindworks is undecribable, it's crucial to reflect about these complex social problems such as identity crisis questions-who am I? what do I want versus what I truly need? where do I stand in these chaotic realities of insecurity (personal/family safety), injustices, humanitarian crisis, refugee/immigration crisis, nuclear war threat, climate change threat, terrorism (localized- Nigeria' Boko-Haram  & global-New Zealand terror attack).

Discrimination and stereotypes diguised in all its shades (ethnicity, ethnic cleansing, genocide, cultural racism, Islamaphobia, institutionalized gender inequalities-e.g., gender-based violence (e.g., intimate and non intimate partner physical and sexual violence, rape as a weapon of war). Others are the wide socio-economic status differences (poverty, unemployment)  strain in personal and family relationships, corruption, lack of accountability in governance and lostof public trust for the government, exploitation of religion and traditions for selfish gains. The list seem endless.

There are culture and individual specific challenges that can drain  the very essence of our mental, social,  physical and spiritual reserves. Leaving a deep dense darkness in your mind. Except you decide to fight back.Your greatest weapon in this battle of living and loving self and others is the WILL to do so. The moment you give up trying again and again...imagine that? How do you fight back knowing you deserve the best (even if it's self validation)?
Photo credits:stock-vector

Perhaps the nudge that you won't stop and won't drop till the victory is yours?. The decision to fight back is the most powerful weapon win your battles -the will NEVER to give up or give out. Do not let that relentless darkness or depression win.

 I do not usually endorse artists but music therapy is a proven alternative for depression interventions (Leubner and Hinterberger, 2017).

This part of Avril Lavigne's song titled "Warrior" just nailed it;

" I pick my battles because I know I can win them, I am a warrior. Steadier than steel cause I'm ready...all through the night, i won't give up, I will survive...I will never bow cause I'm a warrior I fight for my life like a soldier"...And I'm stronger, that's why I'm alive".

You deserve to live your full potentials, life is a free gift, don't loose it, don't settle for less.

I will be unvieling my youtube channel tagged Mindworks#101. It's a videologue to celebrate 9jamindwork's 5th year anniversary!!!  Thank you for the support even though mental health matters may seem "intimidating", unfamiliar and too much academic referencing. Many visitors to 9jamindworks are unsure on how to participate or comment. I am hoping the videologue will make a huge difference in personally interacting with you. Your partnership in this on-going mental health awarness campaign is most welcome, always. I look forward to your comments, recomendations, and request for support in winning unsolicited life problems. Let's do this!

#breakthesilence #mood  #depression #suicide  #emotionalabusesurvivor #survivor #iamawoman #iamsignificant  #mentalhealthawareness  #faith #selfcare #selflove  #beautifulgirls  #gender #friends #friendship #womanmentalhealth #boyslove #mensmentalhealth #endrometriosisawareness#multiculturalism #crosscultures #acculturation #lisbon #madrid #norway #nigeria #nigerian #africa

Comments